At Resource Treatment Center, the main goal of treatment in each of our programs is to stabilize the emotional, behavioral, and psychiatric symptoms of our patients so that they can be successfully reintegrated back into the community.
Who We Treat
Resource Treatment Center is a residential treatment center that is designed to provide a full continuum of care to children and adolescents between the ages of 10 and 21. By offering two distinct components to our residential program, we are able to tailor the care of our patients based on their individual needs.
Psychiatric Residential Treatment Program (PRTF)
Our psychiatric residential treatment program (PRTF) provides treatment for male and female adolescents between the ages of 11 and 21. This center is broken down into three units, two for females and one for males, offering 30 beds total.
Residential Program (RTC)
Our general residential program (RTC) provides treatment for male and female children and adolescents between the ages of 10 and 21. This center is broken down into three units as well, one for females and two for males, offering 62 beds total.
Community-Based Group Home
Our community-based group home provides mental health treatment services for males between the ages of 13 and 21 who have an IQ score above 70, and who have severe developmental and behavioral challenges, yet are able to function in an open unit/house setting while.
By utilizing evidenced-based practices that are focused on helping all patients achieve their own goals and objective, the staff at Resource takes into account the needs and strengths of all patients so that they play an active role in their treatment planning.
The highly trained and qualified staff at Resource Treatment Centers is experienced in treating children and adolescents who are facing a number of different struggles, whether it is behaviorally, mentally, and/or emotionally.
Disorders We Treat
The disorders that we treat include, but are not limited to:
- Bipolar disorder
- Depressive disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Conduct disorder
- Personality disorders
- Substance use disorders
- Dual diagnosis and co-morbid disorders
Treatment Modalities & Therapeutic Interventions
All programming options at Resource Treatment Center incorporate the following treatment modalities into the therapeutic process for each patient:
- Medication management
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Recreational therapy
The therapeutic interventions are based on a combination of the following treatment approaches:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TFCBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Client-centered therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- 12-step matrix model for substance abuse concerns
We use a phase system that helps walk our patients through their treatment. This system includes the following components:
- Identify – This phase involves the youth working with staff members to understand why they were brought to Resource for treatment.
- Connect – This phase involves the youth learning new skills and understanding how to put those skills into action.
- Demonstrate – This phase involves the youth beginning to actually use the skills that they have acquired.
- Distribute – This phase involves the youth giving back to the community by utilizing the skills they have learned while taking part in prosocial activities.
In an attempt to provide a well-rounded treatment environment for all of the patients in our care, we also offer a number of experiential therapies that are tied into the treatment process. Examples of these experiential therapies include, but are not limited to:
- Community volunteering
- Prosocial activities
- Student council
- Youth group ministry
- Girl Scouts (Boy Scouts will begin in the near future)
- Teen outreach program
- Community outings
Whatever your child’s needs may be, the caring and compassionate staff at Resource Treatment Center is here to help cater treatment plans that will meet each and every unique need in order to ensure true healing and lasting recovery.